Experience Our Award-Winning Colorado Dude Ranch
While Lost Valley Ranch is just 90 minutes from Colorado Springs and two hours from Denver, it's the trip's last nine miles you will remember forever. That's where the pavement ends and your adventure begins. We know you're eager to arrive...but take your time. Half the fun in getting here is changing your pace; leaving the concrete world behind and learning to watch for wildlife, smelling the fresh mountain air and reveling in the splendor of the majestic Rocky Mountains.
Due to our secluded location in the Pike National Forest, there are no public transportation options to reach Lost Valley. You will need to secure a rental car or you can arrange for ranch transportation to pick you up in Denver or Colorado Springs. Round trip transportation charges are $95 per person ($110 minimum/$570 maximum per family) and must be booked at least 10 days in advance of your arrival. Rates for groups and multi-cabin families will be quoted on a case by case basis.
Directions to Lost Valley Ranch
Directions from Denver and Denver International Airport
1. From North - Take I-25 to I-70 West and follow interstate approximately 10 miles to the west side of Denver. Take Colorado Highway 470 South toward Colorado Springs. Approximately 5 miles, exit right on Hwy 285 heading west into the mountains.
From South - Take I-25 to C470 North. Approximately 15 miles exit left on Hwy 285 heading west into the mountains.
From Airport - South on Pena Drive to Interstate 70 West—follow interstate approximately 20 miles to west side of Denver. Take Colorado Highway 470 South toward Colorado Springs. Approximately 5 miles exit right on Hwy 285 South heading west into the mountains.
Stay on 285 approximately 23 miles to Pine Junction...
2. Hwy 285 is four lanes at this point, when you come to the first stop light there is a green sign in the center median that points left ("Pine Grove, Buffalo Creek and Deckers")—turn left and follow this road, Pine Valley Road/Jefferson County 126, approximately 23 miles south. The last three miles go down an 8% grade and is a 3-lane road with wide sweeping turns. At the bottom of the hill the road narrows very visibly to a 2-lane road and the speed limit decreases to 35 mph. Just after the "Cheesman Canyon Trailhead," you will see a small wooden Forest Service sign with several names, one of which is "JVL, Lost Valley Ranch." Turn right onto this dirt road; this is our driveway.
3. Follow our driveway for 2 miles to the top of the hill where several mailboxes are located. Turn right and then follow the dirt road 7 more miles into the ranch. There are two more intersections on the way—just follow the signs and stay left at both. Time from downtown Denver is approximately 2 hours (in good weather).
Directions from Colorado Springs
1. Leave Colorado Springs on Hwy 24 West into the mountains for approximately 18 miles to Woodland Park. Stay in right hand lane and exit right onto Hwy 67 North toward Deckers. Deckers is 23 miles from Woodland Park.
2. At Deckers veer left over the steel bridge and follow that road, Jefferson County 126, 3 miles. You will see a small wooden Forest Service sign with several names, one of which is "JVL, Lost Valley Ranch," just past the Wigwam Club. This points to a dirt road on the left; this is our driveway. Turn left.
3. Follow our driveway for 2 miles to the top of the hill where several mailboxes are located. Turn right and then follow the dirt road 7 more miles into the ranch. There are two more intersections on the way—just follow the signs and stay left at both. Time from downtown Colorado Springs is approximately 1½ hours (in good weather).
Need any addition help finding our award-winning Colorado ranch? Contact us and we'll be happy to oblige.